I’ve been in Peru for a few days now so i’ve had a chance to adjust to the culture shock and acclimatize to the altitude in the mountains.
In my first day in Peru, I wrote down some first impressions I had about traveling to a new country and checking out the city of Lima.
Here is a short list of thoughts I jotted down on my iPhone while I was in a cab heading to Arequipa:
1) Traffic is crazy all the time
2) Driving into oncoming traffic is a common driving tactic
3) Ceviche is amazing and possibly my new favorite food. In coastal cities like Lima, the seafood is incredibly fresh.
4) Scotia bank is everywhere. Apparently it’s the third largest bank in Peru.
5) People here work incredibly hard. Everywhere you look, people are doing manual labour, running businesses or doing insane feats like pushing a…
View original post 184 more words